About Qatar University Scholarships
Qatar University supports a wide variety of scholarship recipients each academic year in order to attract highly qualified students. The academic scholarships are awarded based on academic merit and scholarly achievement.
Qatar University offers types of scholarships annually to attract qualified students, provided that they meet the requirements of each scholarship and submit the required documents.
- Tuition Fee
- Monthly Stipend
- Textbooks Fees Exemption.
- Airfare Ticket
Applicants who have earned a Bachelor or graduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education or recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education of the applicant’s home country and that of the State of Qatar are eligible for admission to a graduate degree program at Qatar University. Students applying to a graduate degree program at Qatar University must meet all admission requirements and deadlines. In order to be considered for graduate admission at Qatar University, applicants must satisfy each of the following requirements according to their intended program type.
Applicants are offered admission to Qatar University in one of the following categories:
It is important to note that the minimum university GPA requirements do not guarantee admission to QU. Students are ultimately accepted to a graduate program according to the strength of the applicant pool and the available capacity in each graduate program. The following points must also be taken into account when applying for admission at Qatar University:
- An applicant may be matriculated in only one graduate degree program at Qatar University at one time.
- Applicants admitted to a graduate program in a field different from that of their previously earned degree may be required to successfully complete bridging courses.
- A graduate student who is academically dismissed from Qatar University and not eligible for readmission to their existing program may apply for admission to a different graduate program. The applicant must satisfy all graduate admission requirements for the intended graduate program and must submit all appropriate application materials and supporting documents to the Admissions Department by the admission deadline.
- International students who do not hold a valid State of Qatar residence permit (excluding GCC citizens) are not eligible for QU admission consideration. It is crucial that international student who is interested to enroll at QU to have a valid Qatari residence permit. Qatar University International Student Section assists students to get a student visa (Qatar Residence Permit). Those interested students should Apply Online for the student visa and upload the Required Documents during the same timeline of QU admission. Applicants who fail to satisfy the requirements for a student visa will not be considered for Qatar University admission.
- No faculty member employed by Qatar University with the rank of lecturer or higher is allowed to enroll in a graduate degree program offered in the department in which they are affiliated.
In addition to satisfying the admission requirements above, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Complete Online Admissions Application
- Final and official university transcript satisfying the degree and cumulative GPA requirements of the intended program
- Satisfy QU’s English Proficiency requirements (and submit evidence to the Admissions Department)
- Health Certificate issued in Qatar (from the Medical Commission or a private hospital)
- Photocopy of the applicant’s Qatar ID card
- Non-Qatari applicants must also provide a copy of their passport
- Two recent, identical passport-size photographs with white background
Fall 2021 Semester
Admission Timeline for all graduate programs
|29 November 2020||Open graduate online admissions application for all applicants.|
|01 March 2021||Close graduate online admission application for all applicants|
|29 April 2021||Deadline for accepted and Visiting and Non-Degree applicants to submit all required documents including official transcripts and test scores to Admission Department|
|09 May 2021||Admissions Department announces admission decisions for all graduates,|
|15 August 2021||Classes begin, Start of application for Defer Request|
|19 August 2021||Last day of add/drop period for all students|
|19 August 2021||Last day of defer admission.|
Admission into the incoming class is extremely competitive and applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their admissions application and all required documents according to the above timeline. Qatar University will not accept applications after these deadlines.
Admission decisions for all Doctoral, Master and Diploma applicants are published to your online Admissions Application Status account. Admitted students may collect their admission letter directly from the academic program that they were admitted to.
426 total views, 2 views today