Application Deadline: February 15, 2021, at 11:59 p.m (Kabul Time)
Programs: Fulbright Masters Program
Location: United States of America
The U.S. Embassy Kabul is pleased to announce that the 2022 Foreign Fulbright Scholarship Program for citizens of Afghanistan to pursue a fully-funded Master’s degree in the United States is open. The Fulbright program pays for up to two years of graduate study in the United States to earn a MA, MS, MBA/MPA, LLM or similar graduate degree. Fellows receive a tuition grant for their coursework and a monthly stipend to cover living expenses at their host institution. The objective of this program is to foster mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other nations. Applicants must meet all eligibility criteria in order to be considered by a selection committee.
- Must hold Afghan Citizenship
- Must complete a four-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent no later than Spring 2021, and have a strong academic background as demonstrated by their academic transcripts and references.
- Must have a minimum English score of 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL test, or a minimum of 6.5 IELTS, or a minimum of 105 Duolingo test scores. Scores must be valid through Feb 15, 2021. Test scores must be submitted as part of the Fulbright application. (Note: GRE and GMAT not required at this stage of the application.)
- Must submit two essays (Maximum 500 words each):
1) Personal Statement
2) Statement on Study or Research Objectives
- Must submit three letters of recommendation from non-relatives as part of the application.
- All documents, including diplomas and transcripts, must be translated into English by an official translation company or a certified translator.
- The Afghanistan Supplemental Form available in the electronic application under the “country information section” must be submitted as part of your application.
Apply For: Taiwan NCTU Fully-Funded Scholarships – 2021
STEP 1: Determine eligibility. Read the instructions carefully before you apply to be sure that you qualify.
STEP 2: Submit the application. You must submit the completed application package and supporting documents online by the deadline; late applications will not be accepted. There are no exceptions.
- Persons with U.S. citizenship or U.S. Legal Permanent Residency.
- Afghan citizens with multiple citizenship and/or permanent legal residency in another country.
- Persons with a spouse, parent, fiancé, or child over 18 years of age who is a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident of the United States.
- For a period ending one year following the termination of such employment, association, or service: Employees of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. Agency for International Development. This provision includes all employees, paid or unpaid (including part-time or temporary employees, consultants, externs, fellows, and contract employees). This provision does not apply to interns.
- Persons who have pending immigration application(s) to any country, including Special Immigrant Visas (SIV) to the United States.
- Person’s with a three-year bachelor’s degree and no further university degrees. (For example, if you graduated from a university in another country you must either have a four-year bachelor’s degree from that university or completed a master’s degree if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration.)
Note: Please use your own words in all application material. If someone else’s work or research is used, the source must be documented and credited all times. Plagiarism is using someone else’s words, ideas, or research as your own without crediting the source. Applications will be processed using software to help identify any instance of plagiarism. Plagiarism in any of your answers will result in disqualification.
- Final applications and supporting documents (transcripts, diplomas, resume, reference letters, signature form, and proof of English proficiency) must be submitted online through the website listed below by February 15, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. Kabul Time
- We will not accept applications or supporting documents via email.
- If you have any technical issues or questions about the application please email FulbrightApplications@iie.org. Note: We will only respond to emails related to technical issues. Answers to your general questions may be available under our frequently asked questions (FAQ) website. We will update the FAQ site in January 2021.
- FAQs can be found at Fulbright Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
1,001 total views, 1 views today