Quebec Merit Scholarships For Foreign Vocational Students In Canada
Application Deadline: August 09, 2020
Program: Vocational Training
Location: Quebec, Canada
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Québec is a world leader in vocational training. These short courses (1 to 2 years) are focused on learning skills directly related to the job market. The quality of education in Quebec is internationally recognized.
Successful completion of the vocational training program leads to a diploma of vocational studies (DEP). For some DEPs, students can upgrade their skills by completing an attestation of vocational specialization (AVS) for a period varying between three and six months. These official diplomas are issued by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur du Québec.
Check Out: Singapore International Scholarships – 2021
- Not be a citizen of France or Canada. Priority will be given to applicants from member countries of the Francophonie (excluding France and its overseas departments and territories – DOM-TOM), and countries of the leading markets of Asia (China, India, Japan) and the Americas (Mexico, Brazil).
- Not have Canadian citizenship or a Canadian permanent resident status or be in the process of obtaining permanent residence status under the Canadian immigration laws.
- Be outside of Canada at the time of submitting your application and up till the announcement of results.
- Not be less than 18 years of age. There is no maximum age limit;
- Not have been a beneficiary of scholarship awards for studies of the same level as or higher than the DEP in Quebec. In addition, being awarded various scholarships within the same academic year is not allowed
- Have the required financial capacity.
- Eligibility: Find out if you are eligible to participate in the process.
- Choice of training program: Choose your training program and training center from the proposed list (only ONE choice is possible).
- Choice of award program: Choose the award program that you are applying for (Merit Scholarship and Exemption OR Merit Scholarship only).
- Registration: Open your online account (this section will only be available after the selection process is officially open).
Package your application by making sure that it is well completed with the following documents enclosed:
- Two recommendation forms completed by two different persons (Click here to download the A Annex)
- A copy of the bio-data page of your passport.
- A copy of your birth certificate.
- A copy of all transcripts for each of the programs mentioned in the academic documents section.
- A copy of all diplomas that you have obtained.
- A copy of all prizes, awards, or distinctions received.
- A copy of your English language test result (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.), or proof of registration for such EXCEPT you have completed a higher education program of not less than a 2-year duration in the English language.
- Proof of sufficient financial capacity required for the chosen award program ($3 000 or $15 000)
- Full Merit Scholarship
- tuition fees
- Health insurance
- The applicant will receive $14 000 to $ 26 000 depending on the duration of the chosen training program, to cover the student’s living expenses during his or her studies
93 total views, 7 views today